Thursday, July 17, 2014

Life this week {via pictures}


So for some reason I just kind of dropped off the map this week. Although I cannot tell you why, I did have a desire to write today. Hat's off to all you ladies who have something to post about every day!

We had a good low key weekend hanging out with family in NC. We picked up the table that my father in law refinished for us and I am so happy with it! Here it is all together with our chairs in the house. As well as our bar cabinet in the back corner.

 
This week has been pretty uneventful, which I won't complain about too much. B has been playing tennis a lot this week so I have had a lot of time to just hang out with my pups. Speaking of them, Wilson's 4th birthday was on Monday. I am so glad that he is mine! He may not be a real child, but him and Jackson are surely my fur children.
 

 
The weather here this week has been great, as I know it has been a lot of places. But when it feels good enough to sit on the screen porch in July in Cola you take advantage of it! And when you add a glass of wine, puppies and good reading it just doesn't get much better than that.
 

Speaking of reading, I have had a lot of down time this summer at work and I have been reading up a storm and thought I would share a few books that I have found worthy!

A while back I had read My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult and recently I read The Pact by her. I really enjoyed The Pact although like her other books, it is really intense. I am currently reading Keeping Faith by her and have not enjoyed this one as much although I haven't stopped reading. I want to know what happens and get to the end it has just been a hard book to follow and not as intriguing as her others. She has a lot of books and I will keep reading for sure!
 
I also have read a few books by two other (new to me) authors. They are Kristin Hannah and Sarah Dessen. Both have had some really good books also some of which can be a bit intense (domestic violence in one). I usually don't love books that aren't all lovey dovey and happy endings but I have certainly branched out this summer. Ones that I would recommend by Kristin Hannah is Angel Falls and Home Front and Dreamland by Sarah Dessen.
 
And just in case I haven't promoted it enough, Janet Evanovich is probably my favorite writer hands down. She has some great little love stories, but her Stephanie Plum series (starting with One for the Money, and she just released #21!) are the absolute best! I am enjoying my down time reading, but am seriously looking forward to new students and classes starting in 36 days!
 
Hope everyone has had a great week and is looking forward to Friday and the weekend! I know I am!


Linking up today, thanks ladies!
Thoughts for Thursday

4 comments:

  1. That table is so pretty! Have you read any Nancy Thayer books? Or Karen White? They are along the same lines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read those, but I will def. add them to my list!! :)

      Delete
  2. That table is so pretty!! I need one just like that!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was so pleased with how it turned out!

      Delete

Followers