Friday, July 11, 2014

Nothing makes me happier than a Friday!

I try really hard not to wish away my weeks for the weekends, but man sometimes it's hard! So on that note, Friday I am so glad to see you!

{one} Tonight we are going to Charleston Cooks to do a cooking class with some of our friends. I am really excited, I think it sounds really fun. Here is what is on the menu: Crab-Filled Arancini Risotto Cakes with Salsa Remoulade; Grilled Snapper with Roasted Pepper Caponata; Summer Vegetable Ciambotta; Sicilian-Style Eggplant and Sausage Pizza; Sweet Ricotta Filled Cannoli with Pistachio Gelato. Yum! This is our first time doing something like this so I will definitely report back on how it is!
 
{two} This week I really had the urge to buy something for myself, hey I deserved it right? I went to Ross where I usually have great luck buying dresses (everything else, eh no). I have really been wanting to find a maxi dress that fits me (all of them are SO short on me!) and I found this adorable Calvin Klein one. The best thing about Ross? Orginally $80-$90, I got it for $30! Wore it to work yesterday and received many compliments. I said that is a win.
 
{three} Our new kitchen chairs were delivered yesterday morning. I really like them, but the true test will be when we pick up the table from home this weekend and see how they look together. I am a bit worried that they won't match as well as we want them to, but hopefully all will look great! These are the chairs:
 
{four} Speaking of home, we are going to NC tomorrow to pick up the table. It belonged to B's grandma and his Dad refinished it for us. I am excited to see it. We will also get to hang out with both our families and see a few friends in the process. Traveling can be such a pain sometimes but going home is always a good thing!
 
{five} A bunch of ladies in our neighborhood play Bunco once a month and I have started playing. It is a lot of fun, good food and good company. We played last night and had a salad bar and I made my flag cake, but without the flag :) Last time we played I won a prize for the most losses and last night I won $$ for the most Bunco's!
 
 
Hope everyone has a happy and fun weekend! Linking up with September Farm & The Farmers Wife today! Thanks ladies!
 




1 comment:

  1. so fun! good work on the maxi dress. i'm LOVING mine for the summer. it's been so hot here. and those chairs are absolutely lovely. post a big picture of the complete set once you get the table! thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Followers