Monday, July 7, 2014

July 4th weekend!

Man I love long weekends, but coming back to work on Monday is a real buzz kill. Woof. I basically had a really fun filled weekend but took about zero pictures to prove it. But still linking up today to tell you all about my weekend!

Thursday - Erica & Mat came into town so we went over to Mark and Katherine's, drank a few beers and grilled some chicken and burgers. It was so good to see Erica!

On the way over to see them there was a beautiful, huge rainbow. It's the little things.
 
Friday - We were up pretty early and headed to the lake. We stopped at a firework store on the NC/SC border, which was the most packed place I have EVER seen. My lovely husband proceeded to spend $130 on fireworks. He was like a small child in a candy store. We spent the day lounging, playing cornhole, floating, riding on the pontoon, eating and drinking. Later that night we built a fire and made s'mores and set of all our fireworks. Also on that note if you haven't seen this article about s'mores...it's a life changer. It makes me drool at 9:30 am.

After setting of all the fireworks we threw them in the fire. Maybe not a great idea, but Joe decided that it made an artistic picture. You think I would have taken a picture of the actual fireworks. Nope.


I made my flag cake. So very good. I have one little tiny piece in my lunchbox today!
 
Saturday - We were back to Cola to pick up the dogs and relax for the afternoon. We tried to go to River Rat Brewery but they were closed. So instead headed up to Cantina 76 for dinner with Erica, Mat, Mark & Katherine. They have great tacos! Highly recommended. Then Erica & I just hung out on the screen porch with a few glasses of wine. Definitely a good way to end a busy weekend.
 
Sunday - I shouldn't even write anything on this because we literally did nothing exciting. Grocery store, Lowes, dog walking, laundry. Man how riveting. Sometimes you just need a day like that though.
 
Like I said it was a very fun 4th weekend and I can think of about 100 other things I would rather be doing right now instead of sitting at my desk at work. Oh the joys of being an "adult." On that note..."We are adults. When did this happen and how do we make it stop!?"
Hope everyone has a great (or as great as it can be) Monday!

Weekending





4 comments:

  1. That flag cake is unreal!!! Great job!! You're a no reply blogger - email me at blovedboston23@gmail.com and I'll let you know how to fix that!! :) Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I got it fixed! Thanks for letting me know. Clearly I am new to this! :)

      Delete
  2. Lazy days are a definite after a busy weekend! Love the flag cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that flag cake! And Sundays are always a day of nothing exciting for me... just going to the grocery store, cleaning, etc. so I definitely understand how that works! Especially after a busy weekend celebrating! Thanks for linking up! xo

    ReplyDelete

Followers