Monday, July 22, 2013

OMG I am ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!


Yes you heard me correctly, Brian and I are engaged!!! Excited doesn't even begin to describe how I have felt for the last 4 days! The reality of it hasn't completely sank in and I want to recap every single moment of our fairy tale weekend before I forget (although it probably won't happen for a long time!!)


So we drove up to Charleston on Thursday, had some Mexican for dinner and then Brian suggested we walk to the top of the Cooper River bridge at sunset. I LOVE that bridge and I was all for it (even after a JUMBO margarita) So we get to the top of the bridge and we are just taking in the sunset and trying not die after the workout we just endured after Mexican food. I look over at Brian and realize he looks kind of like he might throw up, so I just asked him if he was okay. He said he was but just felt a little sloshy so I asked if I could do anything for him. When I asked that, he pulled out the ring and said "you can say yes!" And then said "Dana Barker will you marry me?" I then asked if it was real before saying YES! We literally stood at the top of the bridge for like 10-15 minutes with me just saying how much I was freaking out and just holding onto him SO much.

The view from the top of the bridge!
 

A lady took this picture for us when she overheard we had just gotten engaged! A little blurry, but PERFECT.
 
 
So then I began questioning Brian and how long he had been preparing this, and how many people knew (lots!!) He snuck home the Wednesday before and had dinner with my dad and bought the ring! So my family and friends have been keeping it a secret from me for quite some time!! But it was all so worth it in the end to be so so surprised and so excited and happy! After about 30 minutes we walked back down the bridge where I proceeded to call EVERYONE and tell them "I'm freaking out!!"  I kept putting my hands to my face and saying that along with asking if it was real!! Brian is going to make fun of me for that for a while. It was such a great night and special moment and it excites me SO much to say that I have a fiancé!! At one point that night, I told Brian that my face hurt from smiling. I was awake until 1 am, doing dances in the bed and just genuinely being so excited. Brian told me if I didn't calm down I was going to sleep on the couch :)
 
THE RING!!!!!!
 
It is the most beautiful ring in the world and EXACTLY what I wanted. Brian had Meg hack my Pinterest account and send him all the ones that I had put up. Luckily Meg also knew what I wanted. The diamond in the middle of my ring, was Brian's grandmothers, so it has even more significant meaning. Michelle even knew what size ring I wore, although it does need to be taken down just a bit. As I sit here now in my office, very cold, it will not quit spinning around so that needs to be fixed!
 
 
On Friday morning, we woke up and went to Panera for breakfast! After that we headed to the Tanger Outlets because everyone needs some of that! Then we headed to the beach for the rest of the day. It was quite windy, but so nice to just relax and soak up some sun!!


PERFECTION!!
 

After the beach, we headed down to the battery, always beautiful! And then stopped for a few drinks at a local bar. Then  we went to dinner at Fleet Landing with my friend from elementary school and her fiancé. It was so fun to get to see them and the food was excellent!!


On Saturday we slept in, which was much appreciated! Then we headed downtown to the market for a few hours, which is always fun! We got 2 new prints (one of the bridge of course!!), some hand carved Christmas ornaments (one of the bridge of course!!) and Wilson a new dog collar. We grabbed some lunch at Subway (my soon to be father in law would approve!!) and then decided to drive out to see the Folly Beach lighthouse.
 
Then on Saturday night, Matt and Brittany were in Charleston going out on a cruise, so we headed to dinner with them at Harbor Fish House, which was AMAZING. Food was excellent as was the champagne! :) We went back to our hotel afterwards and stayed up wayyyy too late and drank wayyyy too much beer!
 
SO much love!!
A little fun with the captain! ;)
 
We had to head back to reality on Sunday...boo! And I was very sad to see our fairytale weekend come to an end. But I did get to come home with a fiancé and that is AMAZING! We have a lot going on now, because we are considering getting married in March of 2014 and if that is the case we have a lot of planning to do! But so far I am just living on the high of being engaged and not worrying about too much at this moment! I am SO SO SO excited and I cannot wait to become Mrs. Klinepeter!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers