Monday, July 15, 2013

I love 4 day work weeks!


Not much has been happenin' around here, but I am surprisingly okay with that! I got an unexpected 3 day weekend when we had a campus wide power outage on Friday. It was great! I got to spend time with my pups and I also spent some time at my previous place of employment. It was nice to catch up with some of them, but it genuinely made me glad I do not work there anymore! This weekend was pretty low key, we shopped, I crafted (pictures to come of my other artwork!), saw Grownups 2 (SO funny), went out to dinner, and laid pretty low yesterday. I also have a 3 day weekend this weekend (that makes 3 in a row!) because we are heading to Charleston on Thursday and I am SO excited!
 
 
Cannot wait to spend 3 days with my love in my favorite place!

I would be even more excited if I could get rid of all these stomach issues I have going on. I am really fearful that I may be becoming lactose intolerant and I do not want that! I am obsessed with all things dairy, especially milk and I hate to think I would have to cut that all out of my diet. But I guess only time will tell as I try to figure out what is going on.

So in sum, a few things that make this Monday happy:
- Charleston in 3 days & seeing Greensboro friends while there!
- 3, 3 day weekends in a row
- A gift certificate in my purse to get a mani/pedi from my sweet, sweet boyfriend
 - I am so blessed and trying to remember to thank God for all that I have (scroll down for more on this)
- My sweet pup celebrated his 3rd birthday yesterday, how can you not love that face?




So an issue I have been facing lately is really and truly related to social media. I read so many people's blogs about their lives as married couples and their sweet babies, and I am slightly addicted to Facebook so I see when 6 people get engaged in a span of 2 weekends and instead of feeling happy I feel insanely jealous. I hate this. I hate it because it makes me look like a brat towards Brian and anyone else I voice my opinions to. I  hate it because my relationship is not theirs and comparing is unfair. And mostly I hate it because I know that God has a plan for my life. Why do I try to alter or fast forward the life He already has planned for me. I started a devotional called Heart like Jesus and it has been so eye opening even though I have done it in the past. It is amazing  how your thoughts and other things change during different periods of your life. My prayer is that my heart will be more peaceful like Jesus' so that I can not worry or fret and live the amazing life that I am so blessed to have and that I do have because of Him.

 
Couldn't have said it better myself. Does anyone else struggle with this?

Enjoy your week, I know I will!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers