Friday, July 5, 2013

I love working the day after the 4th, said no one ever!


So I am going to say two very negative things before I turn it around:
1. Me and my pups are SO sick of the rain. Luckily the sun is finally out today, but only after a torrential downpour this morning!
2. Working the day after the 4th of July should be illegal. The entire campus is DEAD today so you can only imagine how my actual department is. I've seen one other person all morning.

Okay on to happier things! It is Friday, thank goodness! We have no big plans this weekend or next weekend which is totally okay because after that our weekends spin out of control with a trip to Charleston, bridal showers, my birthday, weddings, engagement parties and then FOOTBALL SEASON!

We had a pretty solid 4th of July. It started off with a chocolate cake and Identity Theft. The movie was pretty funny, but the cake was even better after I finally got it made.


Let me just make it known about my little baking fail that happened here. We had no baking soda because a few weeks ago I got super sunburned and took a bath with a whole box of it. As a side note, it actually helps, but anyways....so I asked Brian to stop and pick some up which he did. I had already started baking the cake and had to wait for the baking soda. So I finish and put the cake in the oven and set the timer. A bit later I came back to start making dinner, opened the oven, and found my cakes overflowing and burning BADLY. Something is obviously wrong, really wrong. Yep I forgot to put the almost 2 cups of flour into my cake, no freakin' wonder. I was already set on chocolate cake though, so I started all over again. It was totally worth it. This cake is awesome and super easy to make. Thanks Hershey's!

As another side note, I've had a few really bad moments in the kitchen recently. Before the cake incident, I was making chicken tetrazzini and had it on our plates and half way consumed before I realized that I had forgotten the noodles. So it was more like a soup rather than a casserole. Brian asked if this is how it would be when I am a stay at home mom. I told him it would be worse...

So then yesterday, we slept in, which was amazing and then we took the dogs to the lake to go swimming. Although Wilson did really hate the water, he has become quite the swimmer! He loves to fetch the tennis ball just as much as Jackson. He is still getting the hang of it, but getting better all the time!

We then spent part of the afternoon shopping for a new comforter...how exciting!! Brian hates our lovely palm tree one that we have right now, so we ended up with this beauty from Bed Bath and Beyond.
Now we just have to find some sheets to match.

We did grill out, burgers and chicken. Along with some sweet potato fries and pineapple, it was pretty good! Then last night we went to the Columbia Blowfish baseball game. They are a college league summer baseball team, so it is nothing extremely exciting, but it was fun and they had some pretty decent fireworks at the end of the game!


Hope you all had a great 4th of July and an even better weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers